A Part-Time Homeschool Program for Middle School
PRACAH stands for Platte River Academy Classical Academy for Homeschoolers
PRA Classical Academy for Homeschoolers is excited to share our program with you. We are a division of Platte River Academy Charter School in Douglas County, which shares the dream of providing an academically rich program of experiential learning to support the homeschool community. Students from throughout the Denver metro area are welcome to participate.
PRA Classical Academy is a part-time charter school program designed to meet the needs of home-schooled students and their families in grades 5-8. A classical, university style approach is used with an emphasis on science, humanities, language arts, and math. After-school activities may include foreign language, art, music, physical education, drama and much more!
Our program meets two days a week (Tuesday/Thursday). We serve homeschool students in grades 5-8. During the 2018-19 school year, students will be classes from 8:00 am until 2:00 pm for on-campus days. On off-campus days, education will be happening at home!
As you browse our website, may we recommend the following pages that we believe communicate much about who we are and what we do!
- Prospective Parent Days: A chance to come see us in action, learn about our program, and ask questions.
- Enrollment FAQs: All the information and forms that you will need to enroll your student at PRACAH.
- Prospective Parent Inquiry: a contact form where you can sign up for a Prospective Parent Day or ask a question.
- Meet the Staff: We have some amazing professionals who are passionate about education and excited to partner with parents to make their homeschooling journey a success.
- Mission and Vision: PRA Classical Academy exists to encourage and equip parents, educate students with excellence, and integrate home and school learning experiences in order to prepare students for success in high school and college.
- Academic Structure: Our classical approach also seeks to connect what students are learning in each of their classes.
- Testimonials: Read what parents and students are saying about PRACAH!
- FAQ: Frequently asked questions about our program.